Digital TV News: Next Generation Broadcasting
Guangzhou Digital Media Group Selects Entropic Communications Access Technology to Offer IPTV Service
Mar 22, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that Guangzhou Digital Media Group has selected Entropic's Broadband Access Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) technology to offer IPTV service to its subscribers.
News categories: Entropic, Guangzhou Digital Media, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Semiconductor
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
SMART TV DTT launches in Ghana
May 12, 2010 – Ghana has become the first African country to have SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service. The service was launched by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) with commercial roll-out expected in the coming weeks.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, SMART TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
NGB Collaborates With Local Ghanaian Channels On DTT Platform
Mar 31, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) Ghana Ltd is planning to launch a Digital Terrestrial Pay TV service in Ghana branded SMART TV. SMART TV will provide customer with both free to air and pay TV channels.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Terrestrial
Broadcom Announces Low Cost HD Cable Converter Box SoC with Integrated DVB-C Tuner
Mar 22, 2010 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a low cost, HD, DVB-C digital cable converter box system-on-a-chip (SoC) featuring an integrated DVB-C tuner and QAM demodulator, and HD advanced video coding (AVC) support covering MPEG2, VC-1 and China's AVS.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Digital TV broadcasting starts in Uganda
Nov 18, 2009 – Uganda has launched a digital terrestrial television (DTT) pilot project in Kampala involving 200 households. Up to seven channels are available to the viewers taking part in the trial.
News categories: Uganda Broadcasting Corp, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Uganda
Ghana Launches Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot
Nov 3, 2008 – The Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) in partnership with Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) has launched a digital television pilot project in Accra.
News categories: Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX