Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Belgacom delivers Belgian Pro League football to TV, PCs, smart devices
Sep 10, 2010 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has begun deployment of Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform to add mobility and flexibility to the TV viewing experience. In 2011, subscribers will be able to access TV content on any device at any time.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
'Ubiquity Multiscreen TV' combines Internet with TV on any device
Sep 9, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is launching a new software client for 'any device with a screen' that allows people to watch TV via any network. The Multiscreen TV client integrates 'Over the Top' TV and broadcast TV with the web and social network access.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Nokia Qt, IBC, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC, Mobile
HickoryTech to offer advanced IPTV service
Jul 7, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing its multi-screen IPTV platform to allow HickoryTech to deliver HD video and advanced capabilities including personal video recording, faster channel change and personalized, third party apps to its customers.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, HickoryTech, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Daktel subscribers to enjoy cutting-edge IPTV experiences
May 24, 2010 – Daktel Communications has completed the upgrade to Nokia Siemens Networks' next-generation IPTV platform, enabling high-quality video services, including advanced personal video recording (PVR), as well as on-demand and interactive content.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Daktel Communications, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
TechniSat Digital and IMAGIN in cooperation
Apr 26, 2010 – TechniSat Digital will supply its Digit HD4 CX CSP set-top box for the IMAGIN service operated by the cable networks of Eltrona Interdiffusion and Nokia Siemens Networks in Luxembourg.
News categories: TechniSat, IMAGIN, Eltrona, Nokia Siemens Networks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks promises TV on any screen, on demand
Mar 23, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks has launched a new software platform. The platform lets operators provide live, recorded or video-on-demand TV to mobile phone, internet-connected computer, satellite or digital terrestrial television screens.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
Ketchikan Public Utilities offers customers a whole new IPTV experience
Mar 4, 2010 – Alaska's Ketchikan Public Utilities (KPU) has recently implemented Nokia Siemens Networks' IPTV platform, which offers a host of interactivity and customization options, and enables the quick and easy integration of third-party applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPU, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform