Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia 5330 Mobile TV Edition Launched
Nov 16, 2009 – Nokia (NYSE:NOK) has announced the Nokia 5330 Mobile TV Edition, an entertainment hub that combines mobile broadcast TV (DVB-H), social networking, music and gaming in one compact 3G device.
News categories: Nokia, Digital TV, Mobile
Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) members to show at IBC
Sep 8, 2009 – At the Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) booth at this year's IBC, two OIPF members, Fraunhofer FOKUS and Netgem, will demonstrate technologies based on elements of the Release 1 specifications.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Content Distribution, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Belgacom expands IPTV services with Nokia Siemens Networks
Jun 25, 2009 – Belgacom TV (Euronext: BELG) has added 250,000 customers since January 2008 driven by the implementation of an IPTV platform from Nokia Siemens Networks that introduced HDTV, VoD, PVR and interactive services for both new and existing Belgacom TV subscribers.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
DMTV enlarges commercial Mobile TV services in four African countries
Jun 23, 2009 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing DMTV with a DVB-H solution in Ghana, Kenya, Namibia and Nigeria. The system will allow the operators to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience on multiple devices, including the latest Nokia phones.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria
Broadcast Mobile TV demonstrated with Sydney Trial
Jan 23, 2009 – The Ai Group's Australian Digital Suppliers Industry Forum (ADSIF) is coordinating a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Sydney with partners including Optus, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, LG, Broadcast Australia and Australian Digital Testing.
News categories: Ai Group, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Antenna Hungária launches DVB-H mobile television broadcast in Budapest
Dec 12, 2008 – Antenna Hungária and Nokia (Helsinki:NOK1V; NYSE:NOK) have announced that DVB-H broadcasting has begun from three transmitters. The Hungarian public TV channels are being broadcast in the clear so anyone with a suitable phone can test the service.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Nokia, Digital TV, Hungary, Mobile
Amino To Acquire Set-Top Box Division From Tilgin AB
Nov 20, 2008 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO) is pleased to announce that it has signed a sales and purchase agreement for the acquisition of Tilgin's IPTV set-top box division. Completion of the acquisition is expected to occur on 1 December 2008.
News categories: Amino, Tilgin, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks Launches Next Generation IPTV Solution to Focus on Platform Openness and Interactivity
Nov 12, 2008 – Nokia Siemens Networks is putting the power of bringing advanced IPTV applications and services in the carriers' hands with its latest IPTV software release, Home Entertainment Release 3.0.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Digital TV, Home Server, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Qatar readies for world's first commercial Mobile TV service based on DVB-H and OMA BCast Smart Card Profile
Oct 7, 2008 – Qatar Telecom (Qtel) [Doha: QTEL] and Nokia Siemens Networks have signed the world's first commercial Mobile TV deployment contract based on DVB-H and OMA BCast Smart Card Profile technology.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Qatar Telecom, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Qatar
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor