Digital TV News: Nortel
MRG IPTV Report Mixes Continued Growth with Volatility
Apr 13, 2009 – MRG has announced new leaders in the Global IPTV Market Leaders Report - March 2009. Continuing growth of subscribers is reflected by increased deployments of IPTV products in Europe, Asia, Rest of World, and especially in North America.
News categories: MRG, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nortel Obtains Court Orders for Creditor Protection
Jan 14, 2009 – Nortel Networks Corporation (NYSE/TSX: NT) has announced that the Company, Nortel Networks Limited and certain other Canadian subsidiaries have obtained an Order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice for creditor protection.
News categories: Nortel, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, UK, USA
Nortel Blurs the Boundaries Between TV and Interactive Applications at TelcoTV '08
Nov 12, 2008 – Nortel (NYSE/TSX:NT) is showcasing IPTV and Video solutions that are blurring the boundaries across TV, internet, consumer devices and mobile phones by integrating telecom services and interactive applications into the entertainment experience.
News categories: Nortel, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
IP-PRIME's Market Leadership Reinforced with Sixty Plus Telco Contracts and Commercial Rollouts in Two Dozen Communities
Nov 10, 2008 – SES AMERICOM (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that more than sixty-five telcos in 31 states have signed up for IP-PRIME®.
News categories: IP-PRIME, SES AMERICOM, Content Distribution, IPTV, Satellite, USA
MRG's Global IPTV Market Leaders Report Reflects Significant Shifts
Sep 9, 2008 – MRG has announced new leaders in the 'Global IPTV Market Leaders Report -- August 2008,' which tracks the top 100 IPTV vendors in 24 regional sub-segments based on the installed base of 6 video systems products in over 660 IPTV Operations.
News categories: MRG, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nortel IPTV Solutions Drive Competitive Advantage, Customer Loyalty with Innovative, Cost-Effective Solutions
Mar 7, 2008 – Nortel (NYSE/TSX: NT) Video Solutions are offering telecom providers new ways to drive competitive advantage through video services such as click-to-call that links IPTV with a mobile phone, PC or home phone, as well as tuning into your favorite show or movie on any device.
News categories: Nortel, Content Distribution, IPTV, Video Exchange
Nortel Ethernet Solutions Power IPTV Network for Vastar Cable TV
Jan 29, 2008 – More than half a million customers will experience IPTV and other interactive multimedia services through Vastar Cable TV System's new network, powered by Ethernet solutions from Nortel (NYSE/TSX: NT).
News categories: Nortel, Vastar Cable TV System, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Taiwan
Nortel and Widevine® Give IPTV Providers More Options in Protecting Premium Video Content from Piracy
Oct 22, 2007 – Nortel [NYSE/TSX: NT] and Widevine Technologies have announced that Widevine's content security solution has been integrated into Nortel's IPTV solution to protect telco operators' revenue streams and enable premium content licensing.
News categories: Nortel, Widevine, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Watermarking
Nortel Highlights IPTV Solutions That Provide Greater Programming Choices, New Revenue Opportunities at Telco TV Show
Oct 16, 2007 – To enable service providers to offer state-of-the-art video services like mobile video, video on demand and premium content to their customers, Nortel (TSX:NT)(NYSE:NT) is demonstrating end-to-end IPTV solutions at the Telco TV trade show in Atlanta, Oct. 23 to 25.
News categories: Nortel, Content Distribution, IPTV
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania