Digital TV News: Nortel
MRG IPTV Report Mixes Continued Growth with Volatility
Apr 13, 2009 – MRG has announced new leaders in the Global IPTV Market Leaders Report - March 2009. Continuing growth of subscribers is reflected by increased deployments of IPTV products in Europe, Asia, Rest of World, and especially in North America.
News categories: MRG, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nortel Obtains Court Orders for Creditor Protection
Jan 14, 2009 – Nortel Networks Corporation (NYSE/TSX: NT) has announced that the Company, Nortel Networks Limited and certain other Canadian subsidiaries have obtained an Order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice for creditor protection.
News categories: Nortel, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, UK, USA
Nortel Blurs the Boundaries Between TV and Interactive Applications at TelcoTV '08
Nov 12, 2008 – Nortel (NYSE/TSX:NT) is showcasing IPTV and Video solutions that are blurring the boundaries across TV, internet, consumer devices and mobile phones by integrating telecom services and interactive applications into the entertainment experience.
News categories: Nortel, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
IP-PRIME's Market Leadership Reinforced with Sixty Plus Telco Contracts and Commercial Rollouts in Two Dozen Communities
Nov 10, 2008 – SES AMERICOM (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that more than sixty-five telcos in 31 states have signed up for IP-PRIME®.
News categories: IP-PRIME, SES AMERICOM, Content Distribution, IPTV, Satellite, USA
MRG's Global IPTV Market Leaders Report Reflects Significant Shifts
Sep 9, 2008 – MRG has announced new leaders in the 'Global IPTV Market Leaders Report -- August 2008,' which tracks the top 100 IPTV vendors in 24 regional sub-segments based on the installed base of 6 video systems products in over 660 IPTV Operations.
News categories: MRG, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nortel IPTV Solutions Drive Competitive Advantage, Customer Loyalty with Innovative, Cost-Effective Solutions
Mar 7, 2008 – Nortel (NYSE/TSX: NT) Video Solutions are offering telecom providers new ways to drive competitive advantage through video services such as click-to-call that links IPTV with a mobile phone, PC or home phone, as well as tuning into your favorite show or movie on any device.
News categories: Nortel, Content Distribution, IPTV, Video Exchange
Nortel Ethernet Solutions Power IPTV Network for Vastar Cable TV
Jan 29, 2008 – More than half a million customers will experience IPTV and other interactive multimedia services through Vastar Cable TV System's new network, powered by Ethernet solutions from Nortel (NYSE/TSX: NT).
News categories: Nortel, Vastar Cable TV System, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Taiwan
Nortel and Widevine® Give IPTV Providers More Options in Protecting Premium Video Content from Piracy
Oct 22, 2007 – Nortel [NYSE/TSX: NT] and Widevine Technologies have announced that Widevine's content security solution has been integrated into Nortel's IPTV solution to protect telco operators' revenue streams and enable premium content licensing.
News categories: Nortel, Widevine, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Watermarking
Nortel Highlights IPTV Solutions That Provide Greater Programming Choices, New Revenue Opportunities at Telco TV Show
Oct 16, 2007 – To enable service providers to offer state-of-the-art video services like mobile video, video on demand and premium content to their customers, Nortel (TSX:NT)(NYSE:NT) is demonstrating end-to-end IPTV solutions at the Telco TV trade show in Atlanta, Oct. 23 to 25.
News categories: Nortel, Content Distribution, IPTV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand