Digital TV News: Northern Sky Research
DTH Operators Beat Expectations, Find the Right Combination of Packages and Services to Continue Subscriber Growth Into 2020
Nov 29, 2011 – NSR's Global Direct-to-Home (DTH) Markets, 4th Edition study finds the DTH market continues to drive satellite demand and revenue worldwide amidst a troubling economic climate and increasing competition.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Market Research, Satellite
DTH Satellite Markets Expand in Last 12 Months, but Future Remains Mixed
Sep 28, 2010 – According to an NSR report, the DTH market is showing signs of maturity as developed economies reach saturation after analog switchovers, even as developing economies continue to increase subscriber numbers.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, DVR, Market Research, Satellite
Growth for DTH as Viewers Choose to Stay Home and Watch Television
Oct 6, 2009 – According to a new report from NSR, satellite television has proven its resilience in tough economic climates, driven primarily by a larger section of viewers choosing television as a cost effective means of entertainment.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
NSR Projects $18 Billion in Advanced Satellite Equipment Sales Over Next Six Years
Mar 18, 2009 – NSR has released its newest market intelligence and forecast report: Advanced Satellite Coding and Modulation, 2nd Edition. NSR projects global shipments of 142 million advanced units for end/receive sites and teleports between 2009 and 2014.
News categories: NSR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Growth Period Ahead for Indian Satellite Market
Oct 22, 2008 – NSR has released its latest market research and forecast report: Indian Satellite Markets. The market attracting the most interest from regional satellite operators has been Direct-to-Home in the Ku-band.
News categories: NSR, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
Latest NSR Report Finds Mobile TV and Video Growth to be Driven by Broadcasters and Consumers
Sep 10, 2008 – NSR has released a new report that indicates that a combination of converging trends will allow mobile TV to experience considerable growth, but a number of inhibitors will prevent the sector from reaching its full monetization potential.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Chinese Satellite Market to Generate 5.3% Rate of Growth Despite Regulatory and Business Hurdles
Jul 15, 2008 – NSR has released a new market survey and forecast report offering the most in-depth and detailed assessment of commercial C- and Ku-band transponder demand in China.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, China, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, Market Research, Satellite
Ten Emerging Countries Primed for Impressive Growth of DTH Services
Apr 15, 2008 – NSR has released its newest market survey and forecast report: 'Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite Services: An Analysis of Ten Emerging DTH Markets.'
News categories: NSR, Brazil, Czech Republic, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Market Research, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Turkey, Vietnam
NSR Projects US$8.2 Billion in MPEG4 and DVB-S2 Equipment Sales Over Next Five Years
Jan 29, 2008 – NSR has released its newest market intelligence and forecast report. The report examines market and technology trends and provides regional implementation schedules for MPEG4 and DVB-S2 equipment on the ground for five distinct satellite applications.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform