Digital TV News: Numericable
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SFR launches La Box TV Fibre in France
Nov 18, 2014 – SFR has announced the launch of La Box TV Fibre which combines telephony, high speed fibre broadband, TV from parent company Numericable and other SFR services. The television service offers 200 TV channels, with 30,000 titles of video on demand.
News categories: SFR, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, France, IPTV
Zappware solution takes Altice Group Over The Top
Sep 8, 2014 – Zappware's multiscreen OTT TV solution has been selected by the Altice Group. Altice provides cable TV in France, Israel, Belgium & Luxembourg, Portugal, French West Indies/Indian Ocean Area, Dominican Republic and Switzerland.
News categories: Zappware, Altice, Patrice Giami, Patrick Vos, Apps, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Middleware, Mobile, Portugal, TV Everywhere
TF1 VIDEO chooses Arkena to operate its MYTF1VOD platform
Sep 8, 2014 – Arkena has announced that it has been chosen by TF1 VIDEO to provide the technical platform of its Video On Demand service MYTF1VOD - the premium transactional VOD service of the largest French broadcaster TF1.
News categories: Arkena, TF1, Tristan du Laz, Grégory Samson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, IBC, OTT
Netgear announces first customer shipments for new hybrid set-top box
Sep 12, 2013 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has announced the launch of its Hybrid Set-top Box (STB1100) at the IBC2013 trade show. Numericable is using the STB1100 to deliver over-the-air, DVB-T and adaptive bitrate content to ADSL subscribers in France.
News categories: NETGEAR, Numericable, Cavium, Naveen Chhangani, Philippe LeMay, Reza Eltejaein, Digital TV, France, IBC, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Zappware delivers design concept to Numericable
Feb 12, 2012 – Zappware has delivered a complete and cohesive design concept to Numericable, the largest cable operator in France, enabling it to offer its customers easy and rapid access to an array of content and an all-round richer end-user experience.
News categories: Zappware, Numericable, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland