Digital TV News: O2
Liberty Global reports Q3 2020 results
Nov 4, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q3 2020 results. The company gained video subscribers in Ireland and Poland, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Slovakia - a reduction of 57,300 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, IPTV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global and Telefónica to merge UK operations
May 7, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) and Telefónica (Madrid: TEF) have agreed to merge their operating businesses in the UK to form a 50:50 joint venture. The combination will create an integrated communications provider with over 46 million subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, MnA, Mobile, UK
Telefónica Spain to launch €8 pm Movistar OTT TV offer in June
Apr 25, 2019 – Telefónica España has provided an update on the strategy the company will be developing in the coming quarters. As part of its plans, the company intends to strengthen its commitment to television, in particular with the launch in June of a Movistar OTT TV offer.
News categories: Telefónica, Emilio Gayo, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
O2 Czech Republic launches 'Multidimensional Television' with SmartLabs
Sep 5, 2018 – O2 Czech Republic has launched their next generation interactive TV service in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. SmartLabs has announced that they worked side by side with the O2 team to specify, develop and deliver the bespoke project.
News categories: SmartLabs, O2 Czech Republic, Mikhail Grachev, Branislav Valo, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
Nov 17, 2017 – ATP and ATP Media have announced two new deals with Amazon Prime Video – live and on-demand distribution rights to the ATP World Tour in U.K. and Republic of Ireland, and the availability of Tennis TV on Amazon Channels in the U.S.
News categories: ATP, ATP Media, Amazon, Chris Kermode, Mark Webster, Stuart Watts, Jim DeLorenzo, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA
O2 TV and Mautilus release first HbbTV application with SMS payments
Mar 2, 2017 – O2 Czech Republic has announced the launch of an HbbTV application with integrated SMS payments to monetize its video content via HbbTV on terrestrial FTA channels. The application was developed by Mautilus.
News categories: Mautilus, O2 Czech Republic, Lubos Lnenicka, Branislav Valo, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, Terrestrial
Consumer Smart Home spending to grow to $158bn by 2022
Feb 28, 2017 – Strategy Analytics expects a period of competitive turbulence as new vendors vie for position in the burgeoning smart home market. Business models are in flux as service providers seek sustainable revenues other than for security monitoring.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart Home automation & monitoring devices to exceed 770m by 2021
Feb 20, 2017 – A report from Juniper Research forecasts that smart home automation and monitoring devices will grow to over 770 million globally by 2021, representing an eleven-fold rise from just 68 million estimated in 2016.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sky launches Sky VR App
Oct 3, 2016 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky VR. The app, available for free download, showcases a range of immersive, 360-degree videos from Sky, and content from Sky’s partners.
News categories: BSkyB, Gary Davey, Stephen Nuttall, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK, VR
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system