Digital TV News: ONE Media
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
Mar 1, 2021 – Saankhya Labs has received FCC certification for its Broadcast Radio Head (BRH). BRH helps DTT broadcasters increase their reach by 'Cellularizing' transmission to enable reception in mobile, automotive, and other portable devices.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Sinclair Broadcast, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
OyaWatch TV launched in Nigeria on Red Bee's OTT platform
Feb 9, 2021 – OyaWatch TV is a Nigerian subscription based streaming service that launched on February 5th on Red Bee Media’s OTT platform. It includes a wide variety of content distributed through the Red Bee Channel Store.
News categories: Red Bee Media, OyaWatch, Steve Nylund, Ronaldo Minaise, Apps, Digital TV, Nigeria, Streaming
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set