Digital TV News: Oi
Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
Sep 15, 2021 – Innovid has announced the launch of Innovid Key, an infrastructure approach to identity management. Developed to enable an accurate and persistent method by which advertisers can better understand and target audiences.
News categories: Innovid, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
Sep 15, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that its 49%-owned subsidiary Cable & Wireless Panamá has agreed to acquire América Móvil's operations in Panama (Claro Panamá).
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Claro Panamá, Balan Nair, MandA, Panama
MediaKind to power live events broadcasting on Oi's IPTV services
Sep 8, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Brazilian telco Oi has deployed its video contribution solution to deliver live events across its IPTV services in high quality with low latency.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi, Luciano Oliveira, André Ituassú, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
InterDigital announces completion of VVC and V-PCC MPEG standards
Dec 17, 2020 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has announced the finalization of the VVC and V-PCC video standards. VVC improves HEVC performance by 50%, while V-PCC is the first MPEG compression standard for dynamic point cloud content for immersive video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Lionel Oisel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, VR, Worldwide
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected