Digital TV News: On2
Any Video, Anywhere - High Definition Web and Wireless Video Converge on On2's Booth (Hall 1 A55) at Mobile World Congress 2008
Jan 28, 2008 – On2 Technologies (Amex: ONT) has unveiled plans for Mobile World Congress being held in Barcelona, February 11-14 2008. On2 will present a complete portfolio of video technologies that enhance the web video experience and bring it to the palm of your hand.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Media Player, Mobile, MWC22, Silicon IP, Streaming
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES2023, Content Distribution, Media Player, Placeshifting, Streaming
On2 Technologies to Showcase High Definition Video Solutions at 2008 International CES
Jan 3, 2008 – On2 Technologies (Amex: ONT) has announced that its showcase at the upcoming 2008 International CES will focus on high definition (HD) video solutions that are ushering in the next phase of web, VoIP and mobile video.
News categories: On2 Technologies, CES2023, Media Player, Silicon IP, Streaming
World Video Encoders Market to Exceed US$3.2 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Dec 3, 2007 – World Video Encoders market is forecast to maintain an impressive CAGR of over 22% over the 2005-2015 analysis period and exceed US$3.2 billion by 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Overview, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, TV Services
On2 Technologies and Texas Instruments Collaborate on Video Devices Providing Optimized Codec Performance
Nov 26, 2007 – On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) has announced an extensive agreement with Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN), under which the two companies will collaborate on technology to implement On2's TrueMotion® VP6™ and VP7™ video compression formats on TI's OMAP™ Platform and DaVinci™ technology for mobile handsets and digital video applications.
News categories: On2, Texas Instruments (TI), Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
On2 Technologies Helps Provide High Quality Video for Skype
Nov 12, 2007 – On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) has announced that a new version of its TrueMotion VP7 video compression is used in Skype™ 3.6 for Windows to help deliver High Quality Video calling to Skype users.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Digital TV, Streaming
On2 codec support for NXP Nexperia processors
Jul 9, 2007 – On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) has announced that NXP Semiconductors has integrated On2's industry leading TrueMotion VP6 and VP7 compression schemes' support on its Nexperia processor platforms.
News categories: Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Streaming
Microsoft mugged over VC-1 codec patent terms
Apr 16, 2007 – VC-1, after a flying start, has fallen back and pretty much these days the codec of choice is either VP6 from On2 Technologies for web video and H.264 for everything else, with no VC-1 in sight. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers