Digital TV News: OnePlus
QYOU Media India expands digital footprint via Smart TVs from One Plus
Jun 13, 2022 – QYOU Media India is launching its flagship channel, The Q, along with previously announced new channels Q Marathi, Q Kahaniyan and Q Comedistaan, on One Plus Smart TVs via their Oxygen Play content discovery platform.
News categories: QYOU Media, One Plus, Curt Marvis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
Smart TV share in India’s TV market at record 89% in Q1 2022
Jun 7, 2022 – The Smart TV share in India's overall TV market grew 33% YoY in Q1 2022 to reach its highest ever at 89%, according to Counterpoint. Xiaomi led the smart TV market during the quarter with a 14.3% share, followed by Samsung at 13.1%.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
Jul 18, 2019 – techARC-Unomer has released some key insights about OTT Entertainment (Live and VOD) App penetration in India. The insights are from Unomer AppMap, an in-depth analysis of smartphone and consumer data collected from over 5 million smartphone users across the country.
News categories: techARC, Unomer, Faisal Kawoosa, Vinay Bapna, Apps, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Netflix partners with OnePlus India
May 10, 2019 – Netflix has partnered with smartphone brand OnePlus to deliver the Netflix viewing experience on the OnePlus 7 Pro. The HDR-supporting display of the OnePlus 7 Pro will set new standards in mobile viewing, giving Netflix fans an immersive experience.
News categories: Netflix, OnePlus, Jerome Bigio, Vikas Agarwal, Digital TV, India, Smartphone, Streaming
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK