Digital TV News: Open Mobile Alliance
Gemalto Powers World's First SIM-Based Mobile TV Trial in Singapore with Media Corp, MobileOne, SingTel and StarHub
Sep 9, 2008 – Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO) has announced that the world's first OMA Smart Card Profile compliant mobile TV trial in Singapore is to be enabled by Gemalto's UpTeq™ mobile TV Subscriber Identity Module and viewership measurement service.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Content Protection, IBC, Mobile, Singapore
Alcatel-Lucent supports launch of world's first commercial trial of mobile TV service based on the Open Mobile Alliance's BCAST Smartcard Profile
Aug 20, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced its support for the world's first commercial trial of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)'s new BCAST Smartcard Profile by MobileOne (M1) and MediaCorp in Singapore.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MobileOne, MediaCorp, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Singapore
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
Mobile DTV Alliance Broadens Mandate, Adds Focus on Harmonizing the Application and Service Layer for Multiple Mobile TV Technologies
Mar 6, 2008 – The Mobile DTV Alliance has extended its work on implementation guidelines to encompass the emerging ATSC standard for mobile broadcast - ATSC-M/H - and broadened the Mobile DTV Alliance charter to include industry collaboration activities with North American broadcasters.
News categories: Mobile DTV Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Irdeto Showcases OMA BCAST Integration with LG Electronics
Feb 12, 2008 – Irdeto, a Naspers (JSE: NPN) subsidiary, will demonstrate the integration of its mobile TV conditional access (CA) solution based on the OMA BCAST standard with the latest mobile handsets from LG Electronics at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2008.
News categories: Irdeto, LG Electronics, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC21
VIACCESS, in partnership with Sagem-Orga, launches a security solution dedicated to the new generations of 'OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile' mobile phones
Feb 11, 2008 – VIACCESS and Sagem-Orga, one of the world leaders in smartcards, have joined forces for the integration of a solution intended to new generations of mobile phones.
News categories: VIACCESS, Sagem-Orga, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, Mobile, MWC21
Oberthur Technologies and Irdeto Demonstrate Innovation in Mobile TV
Feb 10, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Oberthur Technologies completed successfully the demonstration of an end-to-end OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile interoperability test at the recent mobile TV Test Fest organized by the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: Irdeto, Oberthur Technologies, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, MWC21
S3 and Irdeto Simplify Mobile TV Handset Integration
Feb 10, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3) and Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), have announced integrated software that allows mobile TV handset manufacturers to support both IPDC OSF and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) BCAST in a single solution.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, Mobile, MWC21
Gemalto and Nagravision Achieve A World's First By Demonstrating An End-to-End OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile Interoperability Solution
Jan 14, 2008 – Nagravision, a Kudelski (SWX:KUD) company, and Gemalto (Euronext: NL0000400653 GTO) have announced that they achieved a world's first by demonstrating a fully operational, end-to-end OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile 1.0 Solution for mobile TV services.
News categories: Nagravision, Gemalto, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million