Digital TV News: OpenCable
Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores selects Verimatrix security
Nov 21, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores has selected Verimatrix to provide multi-DRM security for its OTT service. The service is delivered via Android set-top boxes, smartphones, tablets, laptops and smart TVs.
News categories: Verimatrix, Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores, Steve Oetegenn, Jose Carrillo, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mirada to deploy Iris at Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores
Sep 4, 2019 – Mirada has announced that it is working with Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores on the development of an OTT-based TV platform for deployment across the operator's Spanish network.
News categories: Mirada, José Luis Vázquez, Amelia Carrillo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming, UX
CableLabs Interop Event to Evaluate OpenCable™ 3DTV Requirements
Jan 20, 2012 – CableLabs® will host a 3DTV interoperability event in February, allowing manufacturers of 3D-capable cable STBs, TVs and test equipment to evaluate implementations based on OpenCable™ 3DTV requirements, or designed to interoperate with such products.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
ADB launches its 3rd generation set-back box and inaugurates 3 new Cable products
Jun 13, 2011 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) will be showcasing its latest pay-TV platforms for the US Cable market at The Cable Show, suite ES70.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
SiliconDust Picks MaxLinear MxL241SF for HDHomeRun® PRIME™ Next-Gen Cable TV System
May 9, 2011 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that SiliconDust has selected the company's MxL241SF cable TV tuners for its three-tuner HDHomeRun® PRIME™ HD cable TV system. The HDHomeRun PRIME has achieved CableLabs® certification for OpenCable™ devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, SiliconDust, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Presenting Conax Contego™ @ SCTE: Robust new content protection platform for pay-TV distribution
Oct 19, 2010 – Conax presents the all new Conax Contego™ security platform at SCTE together with strategic North American partner Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, CableTecExpo, Content Protection
Conax launches new security platform Conax ContegoT at IBC
Sep 10, 2010 – Conax has launched a new content protection platform, Conax Contego™. The new Conax Contego security platform will be the company's primary vehicle for expansion in a global market wielding tremendous growth potential.
News categories: Conax, Conditional Access, IBC2022, Set Top Box
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Metaverse, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV