Digital TV News: Oregan Networks
Oregan™ releases hybrid media browser combining digital terrestrial and over the top video capabilities
Aug 24, 2011 – Oregan Networks has launched a new hybrid version 4.2 of its software, which delivers Broadcast and Internet Protocol media functionalities in a single software stack. Demonstrations on low cost silicon platforms will be held at IBC 2011.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Conditional Access, DRM, IBC, ISDB-T, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Connected SHARP TVs powered by Onyx reach Italian consumers
Aug 5, 2011 – SHARP's connected HDTVs, incorporating Oregan's Onyx browser, are now available for purchase by Italian consumers. The Oregan connectivity technology works as the OTT media delivery engine powering the TV's AQUOS NET functionality.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Sharp Corp, Italy, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
LOVEFiLM Service Widens Its Reach with Oregan's Onyx Browser for Connected TVs
Mar 14, 2011 – LOVEFiLM launches its WatchNow video service on Oregan Networks' Onyx media browser, which will further increase LOVEFiLM's platform capability to address a broader cross section of internet-connected televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Oregan's Onyx Delivers New Apps to Access Hollywood Blockbuster Movie Content, Casual Gaming and TV Series Catch-up in HD
Dec 30, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced availability of an updated version of its Onyx software featuring enhanced speed and security, as well as providing access to new home entertainment applications, powered by blinkbox and Accedo Broadband.
News categories: Oregan Networks, blinkbox, Accedo Broadband, CES2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Oregan Networks and Telefónica Collaborate on Connected Devices
Oct 11, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has been selected by Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) as the supplier of client-side middleware, powering Over The Top (OTT) video deployments in Telefónica's Spanish home market as well as other geographies.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Telefónica, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, Streaming
Oregan to Launch Onyx Branded HD Internet Media Player for the UK
Sep 20, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced the launch of its Onyx STB, manufactured by Digital Streams. The device offers a way for consumers to stream UK internet video and music, as well as accessing photo sharing and social networking sites on their TVs.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Digital Stream, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Oregan Networks and Widevine Join Forces to Bring a Wide Range of Over-the-Top Content to Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – Oregan Networks and Widevine have announced that Widevine will provide video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) for Oregan's Onyx media browser.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Streaming
Oregan Unveils 'Onyx Dual' Remote Control in Collaboration with Philips Home Control
Sep 9, 2010 – Oregan Networks is showcasing a new motion sensing remote control designed to facilitate an easy text input method into on-screen search menus, user profile settings and social networking apps.
News categories: Oregan Networks, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Social TV
Oregan launches Onyx Widgetry store at CES 2010
Jan 9, 2010 – As part of its strategy to deliver a wide variety of rich Internet entertainment to mainstream living room devices, Oregan Networks has launched its applications store for connected TVs and hybrid STBs, branded as Onyx Widgetry.
News categories: Oregan Networks, CES2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil