Digital TV News: PLDT
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in the Philippines to increase at a 2.7% CAGR
Oct 26, 2023 – Total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the Philippines is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.7%, from $42.3 billion in 2022 to $44.9 billion in 2027, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, TV Services
Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
Sep 26, 2023 – Cignal TV has expanded its use of Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform with the launch of Pilipinas Live, the first and only international OTT app dedicated to Pinoy sports.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
Quickplay teams with Google Cloud on generative AI
Sep 13, 2023 – Quickplay is partnering with Google Cloud to use generative AI to create opportunities for consumer engagement, satisfaction and monetization for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Quickplay, Google Cloud, Paul Pastor, Juan Martin, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Cignal TV to extend Cignal Play and launch sports app with Quickplay
Apr 12, 2023 – Cignal TV is using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform to extend the capabilities of its Cignal Play video streaming service and to launch a sports app for Filipino fans worldwide.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
Philippines' telecom, pay-TV revenue to have 4% CAGR 2021-2026
Dec 22, 2022 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in the Philippines is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% during 2021-2026, mainly supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segments, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines, TV Services
Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
Sep 28, 2022 – Cignal TV has transformed the user experiences of its Cignal Play streaming service, using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform, improving streaming quality, navigation, discovery, and control for viewers of the service.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Prabu Chelladurai, Jane Basas, Vicky De Leon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Smart deploys Firstlight Media cloud native OTT platform
Apr 11, 2022 – Smart Communications has deployed Firstlight Media's cloud native OTT platform for its video experience in the Philippines. The solution offers the elasticity and scalability of the cloud with in-country service delivery.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Smart Communications, André Christensen, Alfredo S. Panlilio, Arvin L. Siena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
iflix secures additional $133 million funding
Aug 7, 2017 – iflix has announced that it has completed a $133 million funding round. The round was led by Hearst and included new investors Singapore-based EDBI and clients of DBS private bank. Existing shareholders also increased their investments.
News categories: iflix, Hearst, Mark Britt, Neeraj Khemlani, Rick Hess, Patrick Grove, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, Venture Capital
Vimond powers PLDT’s platform consolidation project
Jun 27, 2017 – Vimond Media Solutions has announced that PLDT, the largest telecommunications and digital services provider in the Philippines, has selected Vimond to drive the OTT video solution in PLDT’s platform consolidation project.
News categories: Vimond, PLDT, Miguel Silva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024