Digital TV News: PLDT
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
1.2 million subscribers for PLDT's Cignal pay TV
Jan 7, 2016 – Cignal, the pay TV service from the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has announced that it started 2016 with 1.18 million subscribers – the first and only pay TV provider in the Philippines to pass the one-million mark.
News categories: Cignal, PLDT, Oscar Enrico Reyes, Jane B. Basas, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
PLDT offers Cignal Digital TV to its broadband customers in the Philippines
Apr 9, 2015 – Philippines' communications provider PLDT HOME, has announced a partnership with Cignal Digital TV, to offer a three-in-one bundle of TV, broadband and landline as part of its home broadband service.
News categories: PLDT, Cignal, Ariel P. Fermin, Gary Dujali, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines
Philippines' CignalTV subscribers pass 600,000 in 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) (PSE:TEL; NYSE:PHI) has announced results for 2013. Its DTH service CignalTV had 602,000 subscribers at the end of 2013, up from 441,000 at the end of 2012.
News categories: PLDT, Philippines, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches TVolution IPTV STB
Jan 14, 2014 – Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) has announced the launch of TVolution, a small device that can turn an ordinary TV to an Internet TV. The device allows streaming of movies and series straight from the Internet to televisions.
News categories: PLDT, Ariel P. Fermin, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines, Set Top Box
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches online video service
Oct 12, 2009 – The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) [PSE: TEL, NYSE: PHI] has launced an online video service called Watchpad available to its myDSL subscribers in the Philippines.
News categories: PLDT, Watchpad, SyQic, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Mediascape launches 'Cignal' DTH in the Philippines
Jul 16, 2009 – MEDIAQUEST Holdings, the media investment arm of the PLDT Group of Companies, launched its 'Cignal Digital TV' direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service for the Philippines on July 14th. The service consists of 20 SD and 2 HD channels.
News categories: Cignal, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028