Digital TV News: Pace
Dish TV India updates UI on Dish SMRT and d2h Magic devices
Dec 20, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the roll-out of 'Orbit', an updated user interface for its recently launched SMRT and Magic range of connected products. Dish TV collaborated with Tata Elxsi on the creation of the UX enhancements.
News categories: Dish TV India, Tata Elxsi, Anil Dua, Narendra Ghate, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
YouVue launches 3D sharing platform
Dec 19, 2019 – YouVue has launched a 3D sharing platform that will provide immersive viewing on any device, anywhere in the world. Unlike other 3D offerings, YouVue streams photorealistic experiences from any 3D media source to be consumed on everyday mobile devices.
News categories: YouVue, Joe Mikhail, Conrad Burke, Digital TV, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
Dec 11, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced that DISH Media will partner with FreeWheel to enable linear inventory allocation and a holistic view of TV advertising performance across both traditional, demo-based buys and household-level, addressable TV campaigns.
News categories: FreeWheel, DISH Media, Dave Clark, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
Dec 11, 2019 – According to Grand View Research, the global TV analytics market is expected to reach $655.4 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 21.2% over the period, with more companies investing in platforms to understand viewership preferences.
News categories: Grand View Research, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Nordics lose a generation of viewers
Dec 10, 2019 – The past decade probably has been one of the most spectacular ever for the media industry. One way to illustrate this is by showing the drastic transformation among young viewers. The trend is similar all through the Nordics, according to Mediavision.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
Nov 27, 2019 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to be $18.8 billion in 2020, up 78.5% versus the $10.5 billion IDC expects will be spent in 2019. Continued strong growth is predicted for the 2019-2023 period.
News categories: IDC, Giulia Carosella, Marcus Torchia, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
Brightcove announces SaaS-based OTT platform availability
Oct 31, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the general availability of Brightcove Beacon, a SaaS-based OTT platform. Brightcove Beacon empowers customers to deliver OTT experiences on a breadth of devices, with the flexibility of multiple monetization models.
News categories: Brightcove, Charles Chu, Jim Kopp, Naomi Lipowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
More than 50% of video ad impressions served by Extreme Reach now on CTV
Oct 2, 2019 – Connected TV (CTV) has established itself as a brand building essential that is clearly here to stay. It now accounts for a full 50% of all video ad impressions – twice that of mobile – according to the latest Video Benchmarks report from Extreme Reach (ER).
News categories: Extreme Reach, James Shears, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service