Digital TV News: Pace Micro
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
OpenTV surpasses major industry milestone of 100 million enabled devices worldwide
Feb 19, 2008 – OpenTV is pleased to announce that more than 100 million OpenTV-enabled digital set-top boxes and televisions have been deployed worldwide.
News categories: OpenTV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Pace Micro Technology plc results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology has announced its audited financial results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007. Total set-top box shipments in the period were 2.4 million (North America 0.9m; EMEA 1.3m and APAC 0.2m).
News categories: Pace Micro, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace chosen by Viasat to launch HD PVR in the Nordic Countries
Jan 16, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has been selected by Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, the leading digital satellite pay-TV broadcaster in Scandinavia and the Baltic states, to be the launch partner for its high definition PVR service.
News categories: Pace Micro, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Viasat Launches High Definition Television
Jan 15, 2008 – MTG has announced that Viasat Broadcasting has launched its high definition television (HDTV) offering on its Nordic Satellite pay-TV platform, including two Viasat-branded premium HDTV channels - TV1000 HD and Viasat Sport HD.
News categories: MTG, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies, TV Services
Pace to supply HD PVR to MultiChoice Africa
Sep 8, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced an agreement with MultiChoice Africa to supply its market leading high definition (HD) personal video recorders (PVRs).
News categories: Pace Micro Technology, Multichoice Africa, Africa, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace demonstrates standards-based whole home digital TV using DLNA
Sep 7, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced that it will be joined at IBC by Macrovision to demonstrate how operators can use Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) specifications to enable a whole home multiroom offering for their subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV, DRM, DVR, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace & Inxstor showcase place-shifting technology for operators
Sep 7, 2007 – Pace Micro (LSE:PIC) and Inxstor, developers of a unique embedded secure place-shifting system, are demonstrating at IBC2007 how content stored on a personal video recorder (PVR) in the home can be accessed using 'place-shifting' technology over the internet.
News categories: Pace Micro Technology, Inxstor, Broadband, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, IBC, Media Player, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Software, Streaming, UK
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying