Digital TV News: Penthera
Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
May 25, 2022 – Penthera has announced PlayAssure, software that builds a more extensive real-time buffer of video on streaming devices. This improves video quality and reduces or eliminates rebuffering due to unreliable networks.
News categories: Penthera, Brian Kline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
Oct 28, 2020 – Parks Associates research has found that viewing on a smartphone or tablet now accounts for over 40% of all video consumption hours among Gen Z heads of US broadband households, compared to just 20% among all heads.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Jodi Susman, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
Penthera To Deliver Mobile TV DVR Services with Modeo
Mar 29, 2007 – Penthera Technologies has announced that Modeo® has signed an agreement to enhance its mobile TV service with the recently introduced Penthera Mobile Broadcast Platform(TM) Version 2.0. More …
News categories: Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, USA
New Penthera™ Mobile Broadcast Software Gives TV Fans Anytime, Anywhere Access
Feb 7, 2007 – Penthera Technologies has announced Penthera Mobile Broadcast Platform™ Version 2.0, which enables error-free broadcast delivery of any media file to broadcast-enabled mobile devices.
News categories: Penthera, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23
Penthera and Telegent Systems Team to Remove Hurdle for Mass Market Adoption of Mobile TV
Jan 30, 2007 – Penthera Technologies and Telegent Systems have announced a technology agreement that will make it easier for consumers to access TV content from their mobile phones and other portable devices, while increasing revenue possibilities for carriers.
News categories: Telegent Systems, Penthera, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data