Digital TV News: PlayJam
Online games titan Miniclip moves into Smart TV with PlayJam
Apr 11, 2012 – PlayJam has partnered with Miniclip to bring content to Smart TV. Miniclip will utilize PlayJam's platform to capitalize on the growth of Smart TV gaming. Miniclip's titles will thus be monetized and distributed via all major Smart TV manufacturers.
News categories: PlayJam, Miniclip, Apps, Smart TV
PlayJam Expands Global Games TV Network with Vestel
Mar 15, 2012 – PlayJam has announced that Vestel will add the PlayJam Games Channel to its product line up of TVs and set-top boxes. The games channel will be accessible from the front page of the UI and sit alongside VOD and music streaming services.
News categories: PlayJam, Vestel, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS DTV Browser and DLNA Solutions to Support Electra Entertainment's Hybrid DVB/IP Connected TV
Jan 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. (TOKYO: 4813) has signed a software license agreement with Electra Entertainment. The agreement brings ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser for TV and NetFront™ Living Connect to Electra's Trove™ hybrid DVB/IP connected TV software platform.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Electra Entertainment, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
PlayJam Teams with STMicroelectronics to Bring Games to TV
Jan 6, 2011 – PlayJam is teaming with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) to bring games to connected TVs and set-top box devices. PlayJam will integrate its games channel across a wide range of ST platforms, including Freeman Ultra, a TV SoC processor.
News categories: PlayJam, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Yahoo! and Vestel Group Partner to Deliver Yahoo! Connected TV Across Europe
Sep 3, 2010 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) have announced that consumers across Europe will soon be able to easily access thousands of content sources, movies, TV shows, social networks, videos, and other kinds of Internet content through Yahoo! Connected TV.
News categories: Yahoo!, Vestel, OTT, Smart TV
Tesco Selects Electra Trove Technology for Freeview Products
Mar 29, 2010 – Electra Entertainment has partnered with Tesco (LSE:TSCO) to distribute its interactive technology via standard and high definition Freeview-ready TVs, set top boxes and PVRs, available in stores from June 2010 onwards.
News categories: Electra Entertainment, Tesco, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Industry leaders create new Connected TV Game Forum
Jan 5, 2010 – A selection of the world's foremost interactive companies are establishing a new forum for the development of games on connected TV, namely Accedo, Betfair, PlayJam, RallyPoint and Two Way Media.
News categories: Connected TV Game Forum, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT