Digital TV News: Pluto TV
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
Oct 14, 2021 – Resonate has issued research on the streaming media behaviors of American TV consumers. According to data from its Ignite platform, 82% of U.S. consumers now watch some form of OTT content, with only 55% still watching cable TV.
News categories: Resonate, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Amagi secures over $100m of funding
Sep 10, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Accel, Avataar Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and existing investor Premji Invest have collectively invested over $100 million in the company. The funds have bought out the stake held by Emerald Media and Mayfield India. Nadathur Holdings continues as an existing investor.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
U.S. FAST market to reach $4.1 billion in 2023
Aug 26, 2021 – According to research from nScreenMedia, sponsored by Verizon Media, ad revenue earned by virtual linear (vLinear) channels is expected to grow from $2.1 billion in 2021 to $4.1 billion in 2023.
News categories: nScreenMedia, Verizon Media, Colin Dixon, Ariff Sidi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
More than half of U.S. adult broadband users watch FAST services on TV
Aug 19, 2021 – TDG estimates that six-in-ten connected TV households now watch a free ad-supported streaming service on TV. YouTube remains the dominant FVOD provider, with FAST services such as Pluto TV and IMDb enjoying growing audiences.
News categories: TDG Research, Doug Montgomery, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Paramount+ adds more than 6 million subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. Paramount+ provided more than 6 million additions to the company's global streaming subscription base, which now stands at over 42 million.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil