Digital TV News: Polaroid
Polaroid launches 50" Roku Ready Smart TV
Jan 2, 2014 – At the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show, Polaroid will debut a 50” Smart TV that is Roku Ready® as well as a 50” Ultra HD 4K Television.
News categories: Polaroid, Scott W. Hardy, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Wi-Fi Becomes the Multimedia Interface of Choice for Consumer Entertainment Devices
Dec 15, 2009 – Wi-Fi has taken the entertainment device market by storm, with cameras, gaming devices (handheld and consoles), and personal media players (PMPs) incorporating the technology within the past few years, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Tablet
Sony Rises to Top of North America LCD TV Shipments for First Time
Feb 6, 2008 – Sony climbed four spots in Q4'07 to reach #1 in LCD TV shipments for the first time with a boost in share from 9.7% to 12.8% on 83% Q/Q sequential growth, the strongest among the top five brands.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Canada, Market Research, North America, Smart TV, USA
Consumer Electronics Leaders Showcase MIPS-Based™ Products at CES 2008
Jan 17, 2008 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) has announced that a broad array of the world's leading consumer electronics companies debuted and demonstrated design innovations based on the industry-leading MIPS® architecture at last week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, CES2023, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Polaroid Selects Qpixel's Industry-Leading H.264 Codec for Its Freescape™ Set-Top Box
Jan 9, 2008 – Qpixel Technology has announced that Polaroid has adopted Qpixel's QL201B H.264 codec for its new line of Freescape™ set-top boxes.
News categories: Qpixel, Polaroid, Avtrex, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th