Digital TV News: Powerline Alliance
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, Gateway, Router, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Broadcom Announces Industry's First 40nm Single Chip HomePlug® AV and IEEE 1901 Powerline Device
Sep 27, 2011 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 40nm single chip monolithic Powerline Communications (PLC) SoC that is HomePlug® AV 1.1 certified and IEEE 1901 compliant.
News categories: Broadcom, BBWF, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IPTV and Multi-room DVR Driving Growth for 'No-new-wire' Connectivity
Aug 16, 2010 – Though wireless is currently king in terms of home networking technologies, the use of wired solutions, particularly 'no-new-wires' e.g. HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA, is on the rise and forecast to experience a boom over the next five years.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance enhances AV2 specification
Jul 28, 2010 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that its Technical Working Group (TWG) has made major advancements to the HomePlug AV2 specification, designed to meet the expanding requirements of the connected digital home.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Announces Milestones
Mar 22, 2010 – At the IPTV World Forum the HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced several key milestones. The organization has added nine companies to its roster, and is nearing the completion of its Green PHY (GP) specification for Smart Grid applications.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
HomePlug® Technology Incorporated into IEEE P1901 Standard Baseline
Dec 22, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the IEEE P1901 Working Group approved proposals including key HomePlug technology as the baseline for an IEEE powerline communications standard.
News categories: HomePlug® Powerline Alliance, IEEE P1901 Working Group, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Intellon's Technology, the Baseline for HomePlug 1.0, Integrated into New TIA-1113 International Standard by Telecommunications Industry Association
May 29, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has applauded the decision by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to incorporate HomePlug 1.0 powerline technology into its newly published TIA-1113 international standard.
News categories: Intellon, Telecommunications Industry Association, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden