Digital TV News: Powerline Alliance
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces Doubling of HomePlug Product Shipments from Eight Million to 16 Million in Last 12 Months
Mar 5, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that it has doubled the number of HomePlug products shipped globally in the last 12 months from eight million to 16 million and that its members will showcase a wide range of HomePlug compliant products at CeBIT 2008.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Market Research, Smart Home
Control of IPTV Home Network Improves OpEx & Future Revenue Opportunities
Mar 3, 2008 – A new report from MRG, 'IPTV Home Networking Strategies, 2008,' explores the strategic importance of the Home Network for IPTV Operators.
News categories: MRG, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug®/Panasonic® Proposal for Powerline Communications Moves Towards a Ubiquitous IEEE Standard
Feb 28, 2008 – Following a vote in mid-October, the IEEE P1901 work group rejected all other proposals leaving the HomePlug/Panasonic proposal as the only remaining proposal for In-Home and Access powerline communication under consideration.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Panasonic, IEEE P1901 standard, Digital TV, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Demonstrates New Innovations at CES 2008 as HomePlug Global Shipments Now Exceed 15 Million Products
Jan 8, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that, surpassing initial estimates, HomePlug member companies have now shipped over 15 million Powerline communications (PLC) devices worldwide, more than doubling the number of shipments since 2006.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug/Panasonic Merged Proposal Takes the First Step in Becoming a Worldwide Standard through the Efforts of the IEEE P1901 Work Group
Oct 30, 2007 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the joint proposal, submitted by HomePlug member companies and Panasonic®, is the sole MAC/PHY proposal remaining in the IEEE P1901 work group process for creating an international standard for in-home and access powerline communication technologies.
News categories: HomePlug Alliance, DS2, Universal Powerline Association, CEPCA, P1901, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes