Digital TV News: Project OAR
Project OAR rolls out technologies and showcases Dynamic Ad Insertion at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – Project OAR has announced a series of updates, putting it on track to complete the first stages of its mission, with consensus reached on specifications, software updates heading for VIZIO Smart TVs and the start of major ad engine integrations.
News categories: Project OAR, Laura Nelson, Dan Aversano, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, CES2022, Digital TV, USA
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
Nov 12, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has partnered with Inscape to enhance TV measurement across its TV footprint in the U.S. Discovery will be able to use screen-verified, opt-in viewing data from Smart TVs for measurement and campaign optimization.
News categories: Inscape, Discovery, Jodie McAfee, David Leavy, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Partnerships and interoperability driving growth of audience targeted campaigns
Sep 23, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the release of its Q2 Video Marketplace Report (VMR). This quarterly publication analyzes the changing dynamics of how advertisers, publishers and distributors are utilizing ad supported premium video.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform