Digital TV News: PwC
PwC releases entertainment and media outlook 2017-2021
Jun 7, 2017 – According to PwC, burgeoning entertainment and media industry segments such as virtual reality (VR), e-sports and music streaming illustrate an intensifying focus on users and the vital role of 'fans' as a source of competitive advantage.
News categories: PwC, Deborah Bothun, Christopher Vollmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Five shifts set to shape the Entertainment and Media future
Jun 8, 2016 – Total worldwide entertainment and media revenues will rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% in nominal terms over the coming five years, from US$1.72 trillion in 2015 to US$2.14 trillion in 2020, according to PwC's Global entertainment and media outlook 2016-2020.
News categories: PwC, Deborah Bothun, Digital TV, Market Research
South Africa pay TV households to reach 5.9 million by 2016
Sep 9, 2012 – According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, pay TV households in South Africa are set to grow from 3.7 million in 2011 to 5.9 million by 2016 - with subscription television then reaching a TV household penetration rate of 81.4%.
News categories: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Digital TV, Market Research, South Africa, Subscribers
The time for 3D is here and now
Jan 11, 2011 – 2010 has proved the year of 3D, as eight out of the top 20 highest revenue making films at the box office had a 3D version compared to only 3 films in 2009. According to PwC, by 2015 over 15 per cent of all films will be produced in 3D.
News categories: PwC, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart TV, VR
Pay-TV Now Taking 'Lion's Share' of Asia's High Net Worth Audiences
Oct 26, 2010 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced that pay-TV in Asia has reached the tipping point of 50 percent penetration of all Asian TV homes.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Korea, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
Global IPTV subscriptions exceed 20 million
Mar 24, 2009 – According to research completed ahead of the IPTV World Forum, which opens at Olympia, London on Wednesday, Informa Telecoms & Media announces that global IPTV subscriptions reached the 20 million mark at the end of 2008.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0