Digital TV News: Quickflix
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Nearly 40% of Kiwis now have S-VOD in the home
Mar 1, 2017 – Over a million New Zealanders now have Netflix, but Lightbox is the faster growing Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) provider, according to Roy Morgan Research.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Norman Morris, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Streaming, Subscribers
More Australians now have SVOD than Foxtel
Sep 8, 2016 – Whether it’s dozens of extra channels, streaming on demand, or internet TV through a set-top box, half of Australians now have paid television options in the home, Roy Morgan Research shows—and on-demand subscriptions have just overtaken Foxtel’s broadcast Pay TV.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
SVOD in Australia skyrockets to two million subscriptions
Jul 8, 2015 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet has skyrocketed in Australia with two million active subscriptions recorded at the end of June 2015, according to research by Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Quickflix launches streaming movies and TV shows on Xbox One
May 21, 2014 – Australia's Quickflix has announced that its service had launched on the new Xbox One® console. Quickflix on Xbox One offers streaming of TV shows and movies.
News categories: Quickflix, Xbox, Stephen Langsford, Jeremy Hinton, Australia, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming
Quickflix streaming up 40% year-on-year in Australia
Jan 16, 2014 – Australia's Quickflix has announced that it added over 10,000 customers and experienced strong demand for its streaming service in the December quarter.
News categories: Quickflix, Australia, Results, Streaming
Verimatrix Secures Quickflix OTT Streaming Movie Service
Jun 18, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Quickflix is securing its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV. Quickflix is Australia's leading online movie rental company.
News categories: Verimatrix, Quickflix, Australia, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Quickflix launches movie streaming service in New Zealand
Mar 29, 2012 – Quickflix (ASX: QFX) has announced the launch of its movie subscription streaming service in New Zealand, becoming the first home entertainment company in that country to offer unlimited viewing of Hollywood movies and TV series streamed over the internet.
News categories: Quickflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, New Zealand, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households