Digital TV News: Quickplay
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC, OTT, TV Everywhere
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 – NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21
Verimatrix Unveils Commercial-Grade MPEG-DASH Secure Delivery Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix has unveiled Verimatrix VCAS™ for DASH, the world's first commercial-grade MPEG-DASH secure delivery solution. Extending the Verimatrix range of OTT solutions helps open up multi-screen delivery to DASH standard compliant smart devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBC, OTT
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Anevia & NXP Software Enhance Quality of Service for OTT Mobile Video
Apr 13, 2012 – Anevia and NXP Software have announced that they have joined forces to create a multiscreen video streaming solution. Their joint offering allows service providers to offer improved Quality of Service, as well as advanced features and multilingual support.
News categories: NXP Software, Anevia, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Verimatrix Enables TV Everywhere for SBB and Telemach
Mar 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Serbia Broadband (SBB) and Telemach, a Slovenian and Bosnian cable TV and broadband Internet provider, have deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Serbia Broadband, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet, Video Exchange
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
NXP Software demonstrates LifeVibes smart player at MWC 2012
Feb 28, 2012 – NXP Software is demonstrating new smart player solutions for TV and Video on Demand (VOD) at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012. They provide seamless access to content from any device and enable exciting experiences like social TV.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, MWC21, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
NXP Software and Verimatrix bring secure content delivery to Android devices
Feb 16, 2012 – NXP Software has integrated Verimatrix ViewRight® Web client security into the Android version of its LifeVibes QuickPlayer. ViewRight Web enables enhanced security for adaptive streaming content delivery on Android phones and tablets.
News categories: NXP Software, Verimatrix, Content Protection, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0