Digital TV News: RCN
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo grows subscriber base to 7 million
Apr 20, 2016 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has reached 7 million subscriptions for TiVo-enabled platforms deployed by operators in both North America and Europe, including Virgin Media, Vodafone Spain, RCN, Cogeco and Suddenlink.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Naveen Chopra, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box
HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
Nov 20, 2014 – Microsoft has announced that HBO GO is now available on Xbox One in the U.S. Authenticated users can get every episode from every season of their favorite HBO shows directly on their Xbox One.
News categories: HBO, Xbox, Jeff Dallesandro, Apps, Games Console, OTT, USA
RCN updates TiVo user interface
Nov 17, 2014 – RCN has announced that it will complete the roll-out of a new user interface for its TiVo service. The updated interface is equipped with new guide functions and introduces features such as faster navigation, better search capabilities and new TV apps.
News categories: RCN, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to date
Jun 3, 2014 – RCN has announced that it is making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 HD DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
News categories: RCN, TiVo Inc, Thomas Elam, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
NimbleTV to add nine more US cities
May 20, 2014 – NimbleTV has announced its latest domestic expansion plans. NimbleTV enables customers with a cable subscription to watch TV from any location, on any device.
News categories: NimbleTV, Anand Subramanian, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers