Digital TV News: RealD
Sonic and RealD Align to Drive Home 3D
Jun 9, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and RealD have announced a strategic alliance. As part of the collaboration, Sonic is integrating the propriety stereoscopic RealD Format into its RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, RealD, Media Player, Metaverse, Streaming
Zoran Licenses RealD Format for Delivery of 3D Content on CE Products
May 25, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) and RealD have announced that Zoran has licensed the stereoscopic RealD Format and will incorporate support for 3D content delivery and display technology into its TV, set-top box and Blu-ray products.
News categories: RealD, Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Licensing, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sigma Designs Licenses Stereoscopic RealD Format
Apr 19, 2010 – RealD and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) have announced that support for the stereoscopic RealD Format has been incorporated into Sigma Designs' Media Processors for the delivery and display of high definition 3D content.
News categories: RealD, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cablevision Licenses RealD Format for 3D Content in the Home
Mar 24, 2010 – RealD and Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) have announced that Cablevision has licensed the stereoscopic RealD Format for the delivery of high definition 3D content to the home.
News categories: RealD, Cablevision, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Set Top Box, USA
Toshiba and RealD Collaborate to Bring 3D to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) and RealD have announced that they will cooperate in bringing 3D technology to Toshiba TVs, including support for the stereoscopic RealD Format, as Toshiba advances development of REGZA TVs able to deliver HD quality 3D content.
News categories: RealD, Toshiba, CES2023, Metaverse, Smart TV
Panasonic and RealD Announce Alliance On 3D Technologies
Jan 6, 2010 – Panasonic (NYSE: PC) and RealD have announced a technology tie-up that will enable consumers who purchase Panasonic's Full HD 3D VIERA® TVs to enjoy a high quality Full HD 3D viewing experience powered with RealD technology.
News categories: RealD, Panasonic, CES2023, Metaverse, Smart TV
DIRECTV and RealD Work Together to Deliver 3D Content to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and RealD are currently working together to deliver high-definition 3D movies and TV programming via satellite to DIRECTV subscribers. The delivery of RealD Format content works with existing HD set-top boxes.
News categories: RealD, DIRECTV, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Metaverse, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Toshiba Unveils Powerful CELL TV™ for the USA
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba has announced that the company has developed groundbreaking home entertainment technology and is introducing the ZX900 Series CELL TV™ into the U.S. market. CELL TV is the focal demonstration of Toshiba's 2010 CES exhibit.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution