Digital TV News: Red Bee Media
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
Nov 21, 2022 – Red Bee Media has partnered with Better Software Group on the launch of Nordisk Film+ in Denmark. Nordisk Film combines Red Bee Media’s managed OTT services with Better Software Group's application front-end.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Better Software Group, Nordisk Film, Steve Nylund, Bartłomiej Lozia, Klaus Odegaard, Apps, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Red Bee Media provides Advocado with programming and schedule data
Nov 2, 2022 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with Advocado. Advocado's data-as-a-service platform analyzes what consumers are watching, providing advertisers and content owners with data on consumers' viewing choices.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Advocado, Who's Watching TV, Jason Marchese, Mike Burns, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Red Bee Media enters the FAST market with Red Bee Pulse
Sep 9, 2022 – Red Bee Media has announced the addition of FAST services to its Red Bee Pulse product. Red Bee’s scalable OTT virtual channel and advanced ad insertion capabilities help organisations launch FAST services quickly and grow digital audiences.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Patrick Knippel, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Newyonder launches sustainable film streamer with Red Bee
Mar 15, 2022 – All content on Newyonder will initially be available through PPV streaming, enabled by Red Bee's Managed OTT services. Films are albert-certified (BAFTA) carbon-neutral, sustainable productions with the ambition to have a positive social and environmental impact.
News categories: Red Bee, Newyonder, James Arnold, Jon Cleave, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Red Bee Media partners with Stats Perform for sports metadata
Dec 8, 2021 – Red Bee Media has partnered with Stats Perform. Through the partnership, customers are able to provide enhanced end-user experiences with analytical and statistical sports data for live, linear, and on-demand content for EPGs, mobile apps and other use cases.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Stats Perform, Jason Marchese, Wayne Ford, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December