Digital TV News: Red Bee Media
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Zixi partners with Red Bee Media for video delivery over IP
Apr 3, 2019 – Zixi has announced a partnership with Red Bee Media to enable distribution of video content over IP to Red Bee Media's customers worldwide. Every year, Red Bee Media delivers more than 4-million hours of programming in more than 60-languages for over 500 TV channels.
News categories: Zixi, Red Bee Media, John Wastcoat, Kristian Langbridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Ericsson sells 51% of Media Solutions to One Equity Partners
Jan 31, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has concluded the review of strategic opportunities for its media business. Media Solutions has been sold to One Equity Partners, with Ericsson retaining 49% of the shares. Ericsson will continue to develop Red Bee Media themselves.
News categories: Ericsson, One Equity Partners, Börje Ekholm, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
SES and Red Bee Introduce Remote Recording Service via Satellite and Portable Devices
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) and Red Bee Media have unveiled SatRecord, a satellite-based TV remote recording service which provides consumers with the flexibility of recording their favourite TV programme via connected devices from wherever they may be.
News categories: SES S.A, Red Bee Media, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Everything Everywhere enhances its mobile TV platform
Sep 7, 2011 – Everything Everywhere has announced changes to its mobile TV service to be introduced over the next 12 months. The changes are designed to enhance the mobile TV experience it provides its Orange and T-Mobile customers in the UK.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Everything Everywhere, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, UK
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December