Digital TV News: Red Bull
Netflix now on NOW TV streaming devices
Sep 26, 2018 – The Netflix app has launched on NOW TV streaming devices. As well as adding Netflix to the wide range of apps already available, NOW TV has also revealed the launch of its most powerful ever streaming device – the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search.
News categories: NOW TV, Netflix, Gidon Katz, Digital TV
Turner to launch Bleacher Report Live streaming service
Mar 27, 2018 – Turner has announced that it will launch a premium live sports streaming service – 'Bleacher Report Live' – in April. B/R Live will serve as the central hub for both the discovery and consumption of live sports content.
News categories: Turner, Bleacher Report, David Levy, Lenny Daniels, Dave Finocchio, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
The Venture Reality Fund and LucidWeb release European VR company survey
Feb 7, 2017 – The Venture Reality Fund (The VR Fund) has released its first-ever European virtual reality (VR) landscape, featuring dozens of companies developing infrastructure, tools/platforms and/or apps for the booming ecosystem.
News categories: The Venture Reality Fund, LucidWeb, Tipatat Chennavasin, Leen Segers, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Metaverse, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
Xiaomi brings 4K Mi Box to the US
Oct 3, 2016 – Xiaomi has announced that it is bringing Mi Box — its 4K Ultra HD streaming media player powered by Google's Android TV — to the U.S. market for $69. Mi Box will be available on Mi.com and in Walmart stores as well as Walmart.com.
News categories: Xiaomi, Hugo Barra, Sascha Prueter, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sky Q goes on sale in February
Jan 29, 2016 – Sky has announced that Sky Q will go on sale in February. The Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing. Fluid Viewing allows a user to pause a show in one room and pick up the action on another TV or tablet in the home.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
Nov 18, 2015 – Sky has unveiled Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system. Sky Q makes it easier to access TV and brings a wider range of entertainment to the big screen. Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create a TV ecosystem.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, UK
Roku launches streaming players in France
Oct 20, 2015 – Roku has announced that it is launching its streaming players in France. In France, consumers with a Roku streaming player can stream entertainment from 1,500+ streaming channels, including Netflix, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube, Daily Motion, France 24 and soon content will be added from LA VOD videofutur, Deezer, ARTE and others.
News categories: Roku, videofutur, Clive Hudson, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eutelsat boosts Ultra HD content on 'HOT BIRD 4K1' TV platform
Jun 8, 2015 – Exclusive Ultra HD content broadcast in the 'HOT BIRD 4K1' channel operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) continues to expand and diversify with new input from SPI International and ANIXE HD Television.
News categories: Eutelsat, SPI International, ANIXE HD, Markus Fritz, Berk Uziyel, Emanouil Lapidakis, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Mobile, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion