Digital TV News: Redbox
Redbox Instant by Verizon arrives on Roku
Aug 5, 2013 – Redbox Instant by Verizon is now available as a channel on Roku streaming players. Redbox Instant is a monthly subscription package which includes thousands of movies for streaming, plus four DVD credits to get releases on disc at any Redbox kiosk in the U.S.
News categories: Redbox, Roku, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Motive Television Introduces TV Anytime Anywhere™ VOD Platform for US Cable
Oct 9, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced the launch of its TV Anytime Anywhere™ platform for cable in the U.S. The platform delivers on-demand video and live TV to STBs and mobile devices without the need for costly CDN infrastructure.
News categories: Motive Television, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 – As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Video Infrastructure Market Reaches $13.2B Worldwide
Feb 24, 2012 – ACG Research has released its Q4 2011 market size and share reports for the Service Provider Video Infrastructure (SPVI) market. The reports indicate that the SPVI market grew 5% sequentially to reach $4B for the quarter, although down 3% year to year.
News categories: ACG Research, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Verizon and Redbox Form Joint Venture to Create New Consumer Choice for Video Entertainment
Feb 6, 2012 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Redbox (Nasdaq: CSTR) have announced the formation of a joint venture to offer Redbox® DVD and Blu-ray Disc® rentals combined with a new video on-demand streaming and download service from Verizon.
News categories: Verizon, Redbox, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, OTT, USA
OTT Video Providers Jockeying For Position As Market Heats Up
Jun 29, 2010 – Industry participants in the over-the-top (OTT) video market are positioning themselves for what is anticipated to be a high-growth market with multi-billion dollar revenue streams, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0