Digital TV News: Rogers Communications
Rogers TV subscribers down 8,000 in 4Q 2014
Jan 29, 2015 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014. Television revenue decreased by 2% in the quarter as a result of the decline in television subscribers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers
Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
Aug 26, 2014 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have launched shomi, a subscription VOD service. Available initially on tablet, mobile, online, Xbox 360 and set top boxes, shomi will launch in beta first to Rogers and Shaw Internet or TV customers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, shomi, Keith Pelley, Barbara Williams, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
CRTC issues annual report on the state of the Canadian communication system
Sep 26, 2013 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has issued the 2013 edition of its Communications Monitoring Report. In 2012, the number of households that subscribed to basic television service increased by 1% to 12 million.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Rogers digital cable subscribers down 7,000 during 2012
Feb 15, 2013 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. Cable TV subscribers fell by 83,000 in 2012 with digital cable TV subscribers only falling by 7,000 owing to an increase in digital penetration from 77% to 80% during the year.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Rogers selects Cisco Videoscape TV architecture
Feb 24, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Rogers Communications (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B)(NYSE: RCI), one of Canada's leading cable television providers, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ TV architecture to evolve its current TV platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2023, Content Protection, DVD, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Cisco Advances Its Videoscape TV Platform With 'Video in the Cloud'
Jan 10, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Cisco Videoscape™ will now help enable new 'video in the cloud' services that will drive new revenue streams for service providers -- and exciting new video entertainment experiences for consumers.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, CES2023, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Broadcom announces industry's first integrated MoCA® 2.0 STB and Hybrid IP Gateway SoCs
Jan 4, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced one of its showcase innovations at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) - the industry's first MoCA 2.0-Integrated Portfolio including six new set-top box (STB) and Hybrid IP Gateway SoCs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Rogers Unveils Television On Demand Online In Canada
May 26, 2010 – Rogers Communications (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B)(NYSE: RCI) has launched Rogers On Demand Online, featuring new content and enhanced services including social tools, primetime and multicultural programming, higher resolution and live streaming.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Streaming
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers