Digital TV News: Rohde & Schwarz
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Rohde & Schwarz facilitates Australian DVB-T2 trials
Aug 9, 2018 – In cooperation with Free TV, ABC and SBS, Broadcast Australia recently conducted DVB-T2 trials in the Sydney area. Rohde & Schwarz supplied transmitters, retransmitters and test equipment for the testing phase.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Broadcast Australia, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
ZDF relies on Rohde & Schwarz and the Fraunhofer HHI for DVB-T2 transition
Jul 5, 2017 – ZDF, the largest public broadcaster in Germany, has selected the R&S AVHE100 encoding and multiplexing solution from Rohde & Schwarz with HEVC technology from the Fraunhofer HHI for its headend implementation.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Fraunhofer HHI, ZDF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz acquires Motama
May 22, 2017 – GMIT, a subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz, has acquired the technology of Motama. The acquisition will expand the Berlin-based company's product portfolio for interruption-free transmission of audio and video content in IP networks.
News categories: GMIT, Motama, Hannes Strobel, Dr. Marco Lohse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz transmitters used by first ATSC 3.0 broadcaster
Jan 20, 2017 – In December 2016, SBS, a broadcasting company in South Korea, aired the first broadcast in the ATSC 3.0 UHD standard. The sporting event was terrestrially broadcast on Kwanak Mountain using a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter system.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, SBS, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz installs world's first ATSC 3.0 SFN network in Korea
Sep 1, 2016 – Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) has opted for an SFN-based transmitter network from Rohde & Schwarz featuring a 1+1 passive reserve configuration with ATSC 3.0. SBS plans to broadcast the upcoming Winter Olympics in UHD.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Seoul Broadcasting System, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz to install DVB-T2 network in Oman
Jul 20, 2016 – Oman TV, the national television broadcaster in the Sultanate of Oman, is switching over to digital TV. It has tasked Rohde & Schwarz with delivering and installing a turnkey countrywide DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Oman
Albania to roll-out DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz
Dec 8, 2015 – Albania’s public broadcaster RTSH (Albanian Radio and Television) is converting its nationwide broadcast network to DVB-T2. Rohde & Schwarz is delivering a turnkey solution. 96.5 percent of the population in Albania will then receive digital DVB-T2 signals.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, RTSH, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020