Digital TV News: SANYO
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Roku announces Sanyo as its newest Roku TV brand
Apr 4, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that the Sanyo brand is now part of the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Corporation expects to ship the first Sanyo Roku TVs in Canada this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Funai, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vizio Retakes Lead in U.S. LCD TV Market
Jul 12, 2012 – One year after falling to second place, Vizio, in the first quarter, reclaimed leadership in the U.S. liquid crystal display television (LCD TV) market as consumers flocked to buy its affordable sets, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Zoran Demos DTV, Set-Top Box and Silicon Tuner Platforms at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest internet connected and mobile product platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at Computex 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
News categories: Zoran, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SANYO Latest TV Tuners Feature Fresco Microchip Hybrid Receivers
May 12, 2010 – Fresco Microchip has announced that SANYO Tuner Industries has selected its FM1150 analog demodulator and digital IF processor IC for its UDA series tuner family. SANYO's latest tuners are targeted at North American and European hybrid TVs.
News categories: Fresco Microchip, SANYO, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, 5G, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV
Freeview New Zealand passes quarter million mark
Jul 15, 2009 – Tightened consumer spending, an increase in TV viewing habits and improved affordability of Freeview|HD® receivers are all paying dividends for Freeview, with the latest figures confirming it is now available in more than a 250,000 Kiwi homes.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Vestel Selects Osmosys Java Based Middleware to Power Integrated Digital TV Devices
Sep 10, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX: ADBN) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has selected its DVB-MHP middleware and Navigator software to power its integrated digital TV sets (IDTVs). Vestel will roll out the TVs to the Italian DTT market.
News categories: Osmosys, Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IBCShowcase, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results