Digital TV News: SAORVIEW
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
ComReg publishes results of 2017 Ireland Communicates Survey
Mar 23, 2018 – The trends highlighted in the 2017 Ireland Communicates survey reflect the growing importance of telecommunications in our everyday lives. We are using technology in more ways than ever before, from streaming online TV content to video calling.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, OTT
RTÉ plans next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
Aug 17, 2017 – RTÉ has announced plans to develop a next generation RTÉ Player, Ireland’s number one broadcaster VOD service. It is expected that the new service will be launched before the end of the year.
News categories: Fincons Group, RTÉ, Michele Moretti, Aoife Byrne, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UX
RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
Apr 24, 2017 – RTÉ has announced plans to develop the next generation RTÉ Player, Ireland’s number one broadcaster VOD service. The new service is expected to launch before the end of the year. The lead partner for the delivery of the project is Fincons Group.
News categories: Fincons Group, RTÉ, Michele Moretti, Múirne Laffan, Aoife Byrne, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, OTT
Number of homes with Freesat remains steady at 1.93 million
May 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has reported a solid start to 2016. The number of homes connected to Freesat by both satellite and broadband is up by 54% year-on-year.
News categories: Freesat, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes
Feb 4, 2016 – Freesat has announced a strong final quarter to 2015, with the addition of 36,000 new homes in the three months to December 2015. After adding 61,000 homes over the course of 2015, Freesat is now available in over 1.93 million households in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
RTÉ and Saorview partner with Freesat
Jan 20, 2016 – RTÉ has partnered with Freesat to develop a new product for Saorview, Ireland’s free digital TV service. The new product, called Saorview Connect, will allow viewers to access a range of on demand content as well as the Saorview television channels.
News categories: Freesat, RTÉ, Alistair Thom, Noel Curran, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
SAORVIEW winning with Irish TV viewers
Aug 12, 2014 – The number of households opting for SAORVIEW has increased by 41,000 over the last four months, taking the total number of Irish homes with SAORVIEW to 653,000, according to the latest household data from Nielsen.
News categories: SAORVIEW, Jim Higgins, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, Terrestrial
568,000 Saorview receivers sold in run-up to Ireland's digital TV switchover
Apr 2, 2013 – According to Independent.ie, 550,000 new televisions were sold in the 18 months preceding the switch-off of Ireland's analogue TV signal. 335,000 of the TVs had integrated tuners for reception of the replacement Saorview digital terrestrial TV service.
News categories: Saorview, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi