Digital TV News: SAPO
Samba TV and PubMatic bring programmatic TV audience targeting to Australia
Feb 14, 2022 – Samba TV has partnered with PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) to bring TV audience targeting to Australia. Samba TV's first-party CTV data will be integrated with PubMatic's programmatic platform to provide media buyers with advanced omniscreen targeting.
News categories: PubMatic, Samba TV, Peter Barry, Yasmin Sanders, Flaminia Sapori, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
Nov 25, 2021 – South Africa managed to conclude analogue Switch-off in the Free-State province at the end of October and on 26th November 2021 the switch-off of the last SABC analogue site in the Northern-Cape in Upington will be completed.
News categories: Communications and Digital Technologies, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
Oct 18, 2017 – Espial has announced that Optic Communications has launched a pay-TV service called Optic Hub powered by its Espial Elevate cloud SaaS solution. Optic Communications is a fiber provider serving customers in Kansas and Missouri.
News categories: Espial, Optic Communications, Michael McCluskey, Nick Saporito, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Mobile, Smart Home, USA
Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
May 23, 2017 – Altice has announces its new global and multi-local branding strategy: The transformation from a holding company with a collection of different assets and brands around the world, to the establishment of one unified global group with one single brand – Altice.
News categories: Altice, Michel Combes, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Commercial DTT to launch in South Africa in December
Oct 3, 2012 – At South Africa's Proof of Concept launch of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), the country's Minister of Communications said that the commercial launch of DTT will take place in December this year.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Portugal Telecom's Meo surpasses one million customers
Nov 14, 2011 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has announced that Meo, its pay-TV service, has accumulated one million customers in the three and half years since it was launched on a nationwide basis, in April 2008.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, IPTV, Portugal, Subscribers
Portugal Telecom meo TV adds 65k subscribers in 1Q10
May 6, 2010 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has announced results for its first quarter ended 31 March 2010. In 1Q10 pay-TV accounted for 65 thousand net additions, bringing total pay-TV customers to 646 thousand (up by 68.1% y.o.y).
News categories: Portugal Telecom, DVR, IPTV, Metaverse, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania