Digital TV News: SES
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
ORS launches hybrid Smart TV apps powered by 3SS
May 20, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Austria’s national broadcasting services provider, ORS, has launched three smart TV apps, designed, engineered and delivered by 3SS, for its new simpliTV service.
News categories: 3SS, ORS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Langsenlehner, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
May 6, 2021 – TCC has gone live with a hybrid TV platform based on the Android TV OS Operator Tier. The service is enabled by SDMC's DV8545-C STB and powered by the 3READY Product Framework, 3SS’ front end and UI solution.
News categories: 3SS, SDMC, TCC, ZetaTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Laurence Yan, Javier Ruete, Android TV, Argentina, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay, UX
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
Apr 20, 2021 – Broadpeak's umbrellaCDN CDN selection solution is now available in the AWS Marketplace. umbrellaCDN allows video service providers to always select the best CDN for streaming video content.
News categories: Broadpeak, AWS, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MTS launches KION video streaming platform
Apr 20, 2021 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE:MBT; MOEX:MTSS] has announced the launch of KION, an OTT video streaming platform. KION brings together licensed content and exclusive titles, for Russian viewers.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vyacheslav Nikolaev, Igor Mishin, Apps, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021