Digital TV News: SES ASTRA
New TV service HD+ in Germany successfully established
May 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced the first official figures on viewers and customers of its new TV service HD+. As of March 31, 2011, 769,000 households in Germany received the HD+ offer via satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Digital+ launches 3D demo channel on ASTRA
Apr 27, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Spanish operator Digital+ has launched a 3D demo channel. The channel, called Canal+ 3D Demo and broadcast via SES ASTRA's orbital position 23.5ÂºE, is available free-to-air across Europe.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital+, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Spain, VR
HD+ is Coming to Sky Subscribers in Germany
Apr 11, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD offer HD+ that comprises commercial free TV channels will also be available on HD receivers for subscribers of the German pay TV package Sky (XETRA: SKYD.DE).
News categories: SES ASTRA, Sky Deutschland, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRA Reach Grows by 40 Percent on 23.5 Degrees East in Benelux Markets
Mar 24, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it increased its technical reach from the orbital position 23.5 degrees East in the Benelux markets by more than 200,000 households to a total of 740,000.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
ASTRA Increases Reach over All Platforms
Mar 23, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has extended its technical reach across Europe, and now serves 135 million TV homes in Europe and North Africa via its satellite fleet.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom and SES ASTRA Cooperate in Combined Satellite-DSL Offer
Feb 28, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced a cooperation with Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) in Germany to combine ASTRA's broad satellite free-TV offer including HD+ with Deutsche Telekom's IPTV product Entertain.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Satellite
Strong Growth for French TNTSAT on ASTRA
Feb 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, TNTSAT, broadcast via ASTRA, reached a total of 2.65 million receivers sold at the end of 2010.
News categories: SES ASTRA, TNTSAT, France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SES ASTRA Expands in Central and Eastern Europe and Enters the Bulgarian Market
Jan 17, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG, LuxX:SESG) has announced that the Bulgarian Direct-to-Home (DTH) operator Satellite BG will use three transponders at SES ASTRA's 23.5°E orbital position for broadcasting its channel portfolio to TV homes across Bulgaria.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SES ASTRA Signs Capacity Agreement for Video Delivery to Ukraine via 31.5° East
Dec 13, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement for video delivery with Ukraine's state owned Ukrkosmos. SES ASTRA will achieve 100 percent cable-coverage in Ukraine via its 31.5°E orbital position.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Ukrkosmos, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Satellite, Ukraine
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX