Digital TV News: SFR
Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
Nov 22, 2017 – In France in 2017, 1 in 5 internet users aged 6 years and over used an SVOD service, compared to 15% in 2016, an increase of 40%. They were a little more than 1 in 10 in 2015. This growth is essentially driven by Netflix, which is ahead of two major French players: CanalPlayand SFR Play.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
Sep 17, 2017 – Vewd (formerly Opera TV) has announced a partnership with Wiztivi that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework.
News categories: Wiztivi, Vewd, Manuel Dujardin, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Altice platforms to offer Netflix in France, Portugal, Israel and the Dominican Republic
Jun 12, 2017 – Altice (ATC, ATCB) has announced a partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Altice customers into all eligible devices in France, Portugal, Israel and Dominican Republic.
News categories: Altice, Netflix, Michel Combes, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, Israel, Mobile, Portugal, Streaming
Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
May 23, 2017 – Altice has announces its new global and multi-local branding strategy: The transformation from a holding company with a collection of different assets and brands around the world, to the establishment of one unified global group with one single brand – Altice.
News categories: Altice, Michel Combes, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
Cisco helps Altice with launch of global 'Zive' video service
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco has announced that it provided technology for Altice's 'Zive' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service. Zive is available to SFR customers in France, with plans to soon offer it in all Altice markets.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Altice, Yves Padrines, Max Blumberg, Belgium, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Luxembourg, Portugal, Switzerland
SFR and NAGRA partner on 4K Ultra HD launch in France
Nov 9, 2015 – SFR and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD offer under the brand 'La Box Fibre Zive de SFR'. SFR uses NAGRA content protection to secure the home gateway, and NAGRA’s MediaLive to power its on-demand catalogue and streaming capability.
News categories: NAGRA, SFR, Thierry Legrand, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server