Digital TV News: SIDSA
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial begins in Seville
Jun 30, 2009 – Since June 1st, 2009, Spain's FURIA project has been running a pilot in the city of Seville to perform validation testing on high-definition TV transmission via DVB-T2. The trial is the first of its kind in Spain.
News categories: FURIA, Abertis Telecom, SIDSA, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 on track for Market Deployment
Apr 17, 2009 – Following on from the official launch of DVB-T2, the second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television, at IBC 2008, broadcasters and vendors are on schedule for the early deployment of the new standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, NABShow, Terrestrial
SIDSA seeks further expansion in Latin America
Apr 16, 2009 – SIDSA will be looking to Latin America at NAB. The company has carried out DVB trials, both DVB-T and DVB-H, in countries such as Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama, with plans to lead other DVB projects in the region.
News categories: SIDSA, Argentina, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Ecuador, Latin America, Mobile, NABShow, Panama, Peru, Terrestrial, Uruguay
First DVB-T2 Plug Fest completed successfully
Mar 18, 2009 – The DVB-T2 Validation and Verification (V&V) group, coordinated by the Technical Module TM-T2 working group, has completed a very successful Plug Fest at the RAI Research Centre in Turin.
News categories: DVB Project, RAI Research Centre, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SIDSA and Telefunken to sell DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones
Feb 9, 2009 – SIDSA and Telefunken have reached an agreement for the commercialization of a brand new line of DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones.
News categories: SIDSA, Telefunken, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Terrestrial
Technology Alliance to launch pay DTT in Spain
Jan 13, 2009 – The digital technology companies SIDSA and Secuenzia have entered into an alliance to launch pay Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), possibly in 2009, with new, attractive and high quality content.
News categories: SIDSA, Secuenzia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K