Digital TV News: SIDSA
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2022, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial begins in Seville
Jun 30, 2009 – Since June 1st, 2009, Spain's FURIA project has been running a pilot in the city of Seville to perform validation testing on high-definition TV transmission via DVB-T2. The trial is the first of its kind in Spain.
News categories: FURIA, Abertis Telecom, SIDSA, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 on track for Market Deployment
Apr 17, 2009 – Following on from the official launch of DVB-T2, the second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television, at IBC 2008, broadcasters and vendors are on schedule for the early deployment of the new standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, NABShow, Terrestrial
SIDSA seeks further expansion in Latin America
Apr 16, 2009 – SIDSA will be looking to Latin America at NAB. The company has carried out DVB trials, both DVB-T and DVB-H, in countries such as Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama, with plans to lead other DVB projects in the region.
News categories: SIDSA, Argentina, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Ecuador, Latin America, Mobile, NABShow, Panama, Peru, Terrestrial, Uruguay
First DVB-T2 Plug Fest completed successfully
Mar 18, 2009 – The DVB-T2 Validation and Verification (V&V) group, coordinated by the Technical Module TM-T2 working group, has completed a very successful Plug Fest at the RAI Research Centre in Turin.
News categories: DVB Project, RAI Research Centre, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SIDSA and Telefunken to sell DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones
Feb 9, 2009 – SIDSA and Telefunken have reached an agreement for the commercialization of a brand new line of DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones.
News categories: SIDSA, Telefunken, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22, Terrestrial
Technology Alliance to launch pay DTT in Spain
Jan 13, 2009 – The digital technology companies SIDSA and Secuenzia have entered into an alliance to launch pay Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), possibly in 2009, with new, attractive and high quality content.
News categories: SIDSA, Secuenzia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools