Digital TV News: SK Telecom
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Humax Enters Residential Gateway Market
Jul 9, 2012 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that the company has become the largest shareholder of MMC Technology, a residential gateway provider. Humax hopes to use MMC Technology expertise to expand its presence in the U.S. residential gateway market.
News categories: Humax, MMC Technology, Gateway, IPTV, Korea, MnA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
NDS Implements ARM Technology-Based Secure Mobile Environment with SK Planet in Korea
May 22, 2012 – NDS has announced the implementation of its VideoGuard Connect DRM for HD pay-TV on mobile devices using ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) TrustZone technology with SK Planet, a subsidiary of SK Telecom (NYSE : SKM), Korea's leading telecoms provider.
News categories: NDS Group, ARM, SK Planet, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Pay-TV services market hits $240 billion
May 16, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video markets.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
SK Telecom unveils 'Hoppin' VOD smartphone
Jan 24, 2011 – South Korea's largest mobile carrier SK Telecom has said that it will release a version of Samsung's Galaxy S smartphone that can also serve as a set-top box, playing content from its Hoppin video on demand service.
News categories: SK Telecom, Hoppin, IPTV, Korea, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
WiGig Alliance Announces Completion of its Multi"Gigabit Wireless Specification
Dec 10, 2009 – Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), the organization advancing the adoption and widespread use of 60 GHz wireless technology worldwide, has announced the completion of its unified wireless specification.
News categories: WiGig, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente