Digital TV News: SK broadband
SK Broadband selects ContentWise personalization and UX automation software
Sep 14, 2018 – SK Broadband has selected ContentWise to provide the personalization and UX automation software for its newly re-architected multimedia entertainment services. For the first time in IPTV, SK Broadband has made it possible for customers to choose their favorite viewing style.
News categories: ContentWise, SK Broadband, Paolo Bozzola, Chang Wan You, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, UX
Asian pay TV subscribers with 4K STBs reached 53.6 million in 2017
Mar 30, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the number of Pay TV subscribers in Asia owning a 4K set top box reached 53.6 million at the end of 2017. So far, more than 30 Pay TV operators have launched 4K set-top-boxes in Asia.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Taiwan
KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
May 25, 2016 – Elemental has announced that KT and SK Broadband have both launched UHD services using Elemental HEVC software. Asia represents one of the world’s fastest growing UHD markets, with Korea reported as the largest UHD TV market in the region.
News categories: Elemental, KT, SK Broadband, David Godfrey, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite
Broadcom enables SK broadband Ultra HD service in Korea
Sep 16, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has selected Broadcom's Ultra HD system-on-chip to power its B UHD tv set-top box and IPTV services.
News categories: Broadcom, SK broadband, Dan Marotta, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
IPTV subscribers hit 10 million in Korea
Aug 19, 2014 – According to the Korea Digital Media Industry Association there are now more than 10 million IPTV subscribers in South Korea. Commercial IPTV services were launched at the beginning of 2009, reaching 9 million subscribers at the end of March 2014.
News categories: Korea Digital Media Industry Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
Marvell joins forces with SK broadband to deploy IPTV STB with Google Services
Jan 15, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a collaboration with SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630), who have launched B TV Smart, an IPTV set-top-box with Google services for the Korean market. B TV Smart is powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus SoC.
News categories: Marvell, SK broadband, Winston Chen, In-Chan Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SK broadband ends 2013 with 2.1 million IPTV subscribers
Jan 10, 2014 – SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has released subscriber figures to the end of December 2013. The company ended the year with 2.1 million subscribers to its ‘B tv’ IPTV service, up from 1.45 million at the end of 2012.
News categories: SK broadband, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
Dec 11, 2013 – SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has released subscriber figures to the end of November 2013. SK broadband ended the month with over 2 million subscribers to its ‘B tv’ IPTV service, up from 1.9 million at the end of September.
News categories: SK broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
SK broadband launches Android IPTV STB from KAON
Nov 13, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it has provided Android set-top boxes, with the latest Google services for TV, to SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) - the world’s first commercial launch of IPTV with the latest Android OS (Jellybean 4.2).
News categories: KAONMEDIA, SK broadband, Peter Ahn, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results