Digital TV News: SKY
VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
Jan 20, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched its VideoAI service. VideoAI automatically analyzes video assets to identify and tag key onscreen moments, audio events, and more to support enhanced understanding of video content.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
Jan 10, 2022 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH in India had an average active subscriber base of 68.89 million at 30th September 2021. At the same time there were 12 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
SKYWORTH to roll out Google TV lineup in North America
Jan 5, 2022 – At CES 2022, SKYWORTH is showcasing the SKYWORTH W82, a transformable OLED TV and the SKYWORTH S82, a 4K OLED TV. SKYWORTH also announced that it roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the US and Canada in summer 2022.
News categories: SKYWORTH, John Homlish, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready RDK set-top box platform
Dec 3, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have announced that they have been selected as partners for the Da Vinci Netflix-on-RDK scaling program. Skyworth’s RDK platfrorm is a UHD IP-set top, running on an Amlogic S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
Dec 7, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that its ExpressPlay XCA content security solution has joined the Vewd Operator TV ecosystem. Pay TV operators now have a complete Smart TV platform on which to offer secure broadcast and OTT services via their own UX.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Vewd, Ali Hodjat, Marco Frattolin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
Nov 22, 2021 – Quarterly TV shipment for 3Q21 reached 52.51 million units, representing an 8.3% QoQ increase but a 14.7% YoY decrease, according to TrendForce. Demand for TVs was constrained by the increase in various country’s vaccination rates as well as rising retail prices for TV sets.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky New Zealand selects Irdeto as security partner
Nov 18, 2021 – Irdeto has been selected by Sky New Zealand to become the security partner for its next generation Android set-top box, Sky Box. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA is the core security technology that will protect Sky’s content.
News categories: Irdeto, Sky New Zealand, Doug Lowther, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Grupo Werthein takes ownership of Vrio
Nov 15, 2021 – With the completion of acquisition closing procedures, Grupo Werthein has taken ownership of 100% of the equity of Vrio. Vrio offers live content and OnDemand services through DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brazil and DIRECTV GO.
News categories: Grupo Werthein, Vrio, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers