Digital TV News: Salt
Russia's Orion chooses ATEME encoders and decoders
Nov 3, 2016 – ATEME has announced that Orion, one of the largest satellite media platforms in Russia and the CIS, has selected ATEME’s encoders and decoders to support its expansion program in the region.
News categories: ATEME, Orion, Xavier Gentric, Кonstantin Saltikov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Dolby Vision HDR now available on Amazon Video
Jun 27, 2016 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Amazon (NYSE:AMZN) have announced that the second season of the hit Amazon Original Series Bosch and a slate of blockbuster films are now available in Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Amazon Video.
News categories: Dolby, Amazon, Curt Behlmer, Jim Freeman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Sony announces Android TV 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions
Feb 16, 2016 – Sony Electronics has announced a lineup of 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions, the XBR-X850D and the XBR-X930D/XBR-X940D series, with Sony picture enhancing technologies. All of the TVs feature Google’s Android TV operating system.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Sunil Nayyar, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Sony Pictures unveils first 4K Ultra HD discs
Nov 10, 2015 – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) has announced the studio’s first releases in the 4K Ultra HD Disc format, which will arrive in early 2016. SPHE’s 4K Ultra HD Discs include high dynamic range (HDR).
News categories: Sony Pictures, Man Jit Singh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, Streaming
Pay TV penetration grows throughout Argentina during 2013
Apr 4, 2014 – LAMAC has announced that it has produced an updated report on the Pay TV market in Argentina. Pay TV’s penetration in the country as a whole is 80%, with an even higher penetration in the southern provinces.
News categories: LAMAC, Argentina, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Gaming, Mobile, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Cayman Islands' WestStar TV Selects Broadcast International compression for OTT service
Jul 24, 2012 – Broadcast International (BCST.OB) has been selected to provide the framework for WestStar TV's new Over-the-Top (OTT) service via the Company's CodecSys patented multi-codec compression software.
News categories: Broadcast International, WestStar TV, Cable TV, Cayman Islands, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads