Digital TV News: Sears
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
EE to provide virtual reality experience at Glastonbury festival
Jun 24, 2016 – EE has announced that it is capturing Virtual Reality content of the event live on site. Using the latest 360° camera technology, EE will celebrate the UK’s most iconic music festival by offering those that can’t attend a unique, immersive experience of the festival through VR.
News categories: EE, Mat Sears, Digital TV, VR
Polaroid launches ATSC-capable tablets in Mexico
Jun 11, 2014 – Polaroid is providing consumers in Mexico a new way to watch TV on-the-go with their new tablet line. The line marks the first tablets to feature ATSC receivers able to receive digital or HD TV in Mexico.
News categories: Polaroid, One Diamond, Scott W. Hardy, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mexico, Tablet, Terrestrial
Samsung Launches 3D On Demand Streaming Service in the U.S.
May 24, 2011 – Samsung Electronics America has announced a new way for consumers to access 3D content for their TVs. The 'Explore 3D' app, accessible from Samsung's SmartHub interface, offers access to dozens of pieces of free 3D content - all in HD.
News categories: Samsung, OTT, Smart TV, USA, VR
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sears Chooses Sonic Solutions to Deliver Movie Downloads
Jun 22, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has entered into an agreement with Sears (Nasdaq: SHLD) to provide consumers easy access to Hollywood entertainment on a range of internet-connected devices including TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, and mobile phones.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Commerce's NTIA Certifies More Than 250 Retailers and 19 Converter Box Models for TV Converter Box Coupon Program
Jan 7, 2008 – The U. S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has announced that more than 250 retailers, representing more than 15,000 outlets nationwide, are certified to participate in a program to aid in the transition to digital television.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India