Digital TV News: Seven
Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
Dec 4, 2023 – Barb has awarded three contracts for its audience measurement service: metadata and interim overnight programme logs to MetaBroadcast and interim overnight commercial spot logs to Clearcast.
News categories: Barb, MetaBroadcast, Clearcast, Caroline Baxter, Jamie Mackinlay, David Joel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Semiconductor market to grow 20.2% in 2024 to $633 billion
Nov 14, 2023 – IDC has forecast a return to growth for the semiconductor market, raising its 2023 revenue outlook from $518.8bn to $526.5bn, and its 2024 revenue expectation from $625.9bn to $632.8bn.
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Epic Cyprus selects Zattoo's TV platform
Nov 2, 2023 – Zattoo will migrate the TV service of Epic Cyprus to its TV-as-a-Service platform. Customers will then be able to access the offering via mobiles, Android TV and web, with Samsung and LG TVs to follow.
News categories: Zattoo, Epic Cyprus, Jörg Meyer, Content Distribution, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
GatesAir supplies transmitters for ATSC 3.0 lab in Canada
Nov 2, 2023 – GatesAir UHF transmitters are supporting ATSC 3.0 research, testing, and deployment within the Broadcast-Broadband Convergence B²C Lab infrastructure at Humber College in Toronto.
News categories: GatesAir, Humber College, Orest Sushko, ATSC 3, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
AMC Networks enables programmatic ad buying on linear networks
Oct 26, 2023 – AMC Networks has enabled programmatic ad buying on three of its linear networks, allowing advertisers to purchase ad inventory using their existing programmatic buying platforms.
News categories: AMC Networks, FreeWheel, The Trade Desk, Canoe Ventures, Evan Adlman, Mark McKee, Tim Sims, Shenan Reed, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Irdeto integrates Anypoint Media ad server
Oct 24, 2023 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Anypoint Media, integrating Anypoint's Flower Ad Server into its Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) product, and onto its Android TV Hybrid Box offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Anypoint Media, Andrew Bunten, Won Baek, Advertising, Android TV, Asia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
JVC Roku TV models launch in the UK at Currys
Oct 4, 2023 – Roku has announced a range of Roku TV models with Currys-owned brand JVC. Combining quality hardware with the Roku OS, the TVs deliver a seamless streaming experience at competitive prices.
News categories: Roku, Currys, Bart Bomers, Paul Slater, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, UK
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward