Digital TV News: Silicon & Software Systems
S3 Demonstrates Software Solutions on Latest High-End STi7200 Device at CES 2008
Jan 7, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) will be demonstrating software solutions running on the latest high-end, feature-rich STi7200 device at the STMicroelectronics suite at CES 2008.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Silicon & Software Systems (S3) Delivers Complete Right-First-Time Set-Top Box SoC Platform for NXP Semiconductors
Sep 11, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3) has announced that it provided a full suite of IC, software and hardware design capabilities to NXP enabling the delivery of their latest STB100 System-On-Chip (SoC) based platform for consumer Set-Top Box (STB) applications.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3), NXP, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Terrestrial
S3 and Nagravision Deliver Pre-Integrated Software To Pay TV Operators and STB Manufacturers
Sep 8, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that it signed an agreement with Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, to provide highly integrated software solutions to the pay TV operator and Set-Top Box (STB) manufacturer markets.
News categories: Nagravision, Silicon & Software Systems (S3), Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Software
S3, Sofia Digital and O2 collaborate to implement platform independent Mobile TV applications
Sep 3, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) and Sofia Digital have announced the delivery of a proof-of-concept Java Mobile TV client to O2 based on the proposed JSR 272 Mobile Broadcast Standard. The solution will be demonstrated later this week at IBC.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Mobile
S3 Supports OMA BCast Mobile TV Security with Discretix
Jul 30, 2007 – Discretix and Silicon & Software Systems (S3) have announced that Discretix' multi-scheme mobile TV security client is being integrated into S3's onHandTV™ mobile interactive Digital TV (DTV) client.
News categories: CAM, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
S3 and Irdeto bring DVB-H connectivity to the PC market
Feb 12, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3 and Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (NASDAQ: NPSN and JSE: NPN), have announced a technology breakthrough that allows operators to deliver Mobile TV, via a DVB-H network, to both desktop and laptop PCs using commonly available components.
News categories: Irdeto, S3, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23
S3 to launch onHandTV™ TSC software at 3GSM 2007
Feb 9, 2007 – Silicon & Software (S3) has launched its Transport Stream Controller (TSC). Targeted at silicon manufacturers, the TSC dramatically reduces the time-to-market and development cost by abstracting complex DVB-H receiver control functions.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor
Frontier Silicon and S3 demonstrate world's first turn-key solution for multi-mode mobile DTV
Feb 8, 2007 – At the 3GSM World Congress, S3 and Frontier Silicon demonstrated a reference design for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) incorporating Frontier Silicon's Paradiso (FS1030) DVB-H/DVB-T/T-DMB/DAB-IP mobile TV receiver IC, and S3's onHandTV™ MDTV client software.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Frontier Silicon, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data